Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sea Weed Soup

Well... I suppose I can not share something new every post.I mean I am spending 8  hours a day in a class room and another hour walking back and forth.
                 Anyway Rose edited one of my drawings to make into a cover of one the books that I have written and am planing to put on create space.
               Anyway the drawing itself was pretty cool, although it was slightly unfinished. Rose just added what it needed
It looks really cool, like I said, however, I am not completely certain that it fits the story..

Anyway  I guess I shall post some pictures of modern Korea, instead of the cute farmhouse that am going back to on a warm pretty day and sketching it, with my new watercolour pencils. 
 This is a grocery store slash everything else store that one of my co-workers took me too the day I got here. I just need to find it again, since it was pretty inexpensive.
The city. I do not know if you can tell here but it is so colorful.  I mean I have been in pretty big cities before but it seems that these people like thier color a little more than most of the places I have been.
I just made seaweed soup, because it is supposed to be good for you, that's why they traditionally serve a seaweed soup to mothers after they have given birth, for a month. I did not make that soup since I added every other kind of vegetable that I had in the house. Although it does taste strange, it does not taste bad.  
I consider that a triumph, although sortof fishy.

5 comments:

  1. I have caught up on commenting! heehee You could always post on what teaching is like, you know....

    Can you link me to your story once you get it up? *overly eager friend*

    Hmm... how to make this comment more than just yet another random comment by Anne... and my brain goes blank. That's a bad sign, right? I think I will blame that on prepping philosophy lectures all day. At least I am reading the really ancient stuff. Philosophy was much more fun to read when it was begun by invoking the muses and written in the literary genre of myth. We should go back to doing that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I will give you a link. I would love to see a normal person's face if you were to invoke the muses during a philosophy discussion.

      Delete
    2. heehee, yes. That would be great!

      Delete
  2. The book cover is beautiful! Wow. Which part did Rose add in? Seaweed soup after seaweed pancakes - are you growing to like seaweed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ehhh...well seed weed and I have come to a non aggression agreement, besides it is in abundant supply over here. Also the pancakes were spinach, no sea weed. Rose added the part that does not look hand drawn, so mostly the trees on the pond.

    ReplyDelete